newspro .nzb problem with ids containing ampersand (&)

SiskoBen

newspro .nzb problem with ids containing ampersand (&)

Post by SiskoBen »

Hi Alex,

I have just discovered the .nzb feature and am trying to use it. So far it looks very nice and extremely handy.
I found one problem (which i don't know if it's a bug in the newspro nzb support or in the nzb creator).

in the lines where there is an ampersand (&) in the id (i am not sure if the part between "part#of###." and "@powerpost" is called like this) Newspro will not show those parts in the imported list.

Here is a piece of the nzb in which there is the ampersand:
<segments>
<segment bytes="320000" number="1">part1of125.zzXatt56sCzyFRbh&90a@powerpost2000AA.local</segment>

It seems that this nzb is created with "YENC-POWER-POST-A&A-v11" (powerpost.cjb.net)

Regards,
Arjan
slotboxed

Post by slotboxed »

I think I have noticed a related behavior - when a subject line contains an ampersand... in the case I've seen, the ampersand is removed and the next character is turned into a shortcut key.
alex

Post by alex »

the .nzb file above is incorrect (against xml specs)

instead of & should be something like & #38; or &

i've reported the bug to the author of the utility that produces it, actually he made several buggy releases before.

specs:

"The ampersand character (&) and the left angle bracket (<) may appear in their literal form only when used as markup delimiters, or within a comment, a processing instruction, or a CDATA section. If they are needed elsewhere, they must be escaped using either numeric character references or the strings "&" and "<" respectively. The right angle bracket (>) may be represented using the string ">", and must, for compatibility, be escaped using ">" or a character reference when it appears in the string "]]>" in content, when that string is not marking the end of a CDATA section."

but i guess i'll need to handle that since the devil is out there already.
SiskoBen

Post by SiskoBen »

Thanks for the explanation and confirmation that you kept to the proper specifications.
I am sure that you will do the right thing to handle this. I will patiently wait for a new version of either tool.

Best regards,
Arjan
alex

Post by alex »

i had a number of other similar reports so i just released the fix as 3.74.
i'm working on something else and otherwise it could take a week or so to wait until the next release, it was faster to handle it this way.
SiskoBen

Post by SiskoBen »

Thanks Alex,
I'll download it immediately and install it when i have the opportunity.
Best regards,
Arjan
amfibia

Post by amfibia »

Alex,

It seems the problem with the NZB files created by powerpost is still there. following part of problem giving nzb.
Newspro refuses to open it in the import base. If needed I can provide you with the complete NZB.

Amfibia

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE nzb PUBLIC "-//newzBin//DTD NZB 0.9//EN" "http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-0.9.dtd">
<nzb xmlns="http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/2003/nzb">
<file poster="JollyJoker@NO-SPAM.com (Jolly Joker)" date="1076147619" subject="Jolly Joker<><>Post<><>NETTAKOTSIRA[001/105] - 'NETTAKOTSIRA.PAR2' yEnc (1/1)">
<groups>
<group>alt.binaries.misc</group>
</groups>
<segments>
<segment bytes="73904" number="1">part1of1.VPCvKOwxegs60yjKLO2r@powerpost2000AA.local</segment>
</segments>
</file>
<file poster="JollyJoker@NO-SPAM.com (Jolly Joker)" date="1076147619" subject="Jolly Joker<><>Post<><>NETTAKOTSIRA[002/105] - 'NETTAKOTSIRA.r00' yEnc (001/131)">
<groups>
<group>alt.binaries.misc</group>
</groups>
<segments>
<segment bytes="384000" number="1">part1of131.I4Dc2mp&xQRIFv9OqbmT@powerpost2000AA.local</segment>

etc etc etc......
alex

Post by alex »

i know, it is because power post lefts '<' and '>' inside the xml tag; according to xml specs '<' must be escaped and '>' must be escaped for compatibility. '>' is currently used in newspro as delimiter to make parsing faster but i'll change it very shortly.
amfibia

Post by amfibia »

Thanks Alex,

I'll be waiting to download and try it.

A.
alex

Post by alex »

http://www.netwu.com/newspro/npr3742.zip

it will handle this plus should cope with buggy .nzb's from www.binaries.nl
amfibia

Post by amfibia »

Works like a charm :D