Multiple import groups

psycoxl

Multiple import groups

Post by psycoxl »

With al the new nzb search engines on the web i only work with nzb files. They are all in the same group now. Mabey you can make a feature so that you can choose a group or something.

Tia

Michiel
alex

Post by alex »

it won't be possible to import headers into a usual group, but in principle option for several import groups could be considered.
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

I think an option for several import groups is a good idea Alex, and thank you for such a wonderful application. :)
Obiwantje

Post by Obiwantje »

Good plan, is a usefull addition!
psycoxl

Post by psycoxl »

I know i can't in normal groups but multiple importgroups would be handy.

And just a little thing maybe you can add when you have to type a newsgroup (xpat search screen) it already says alt.binaries. most people search only binaries so. I know i'm lazy but it is handy

GRTZ,
Michiel

p.s keep up the good work :P
Cochrane

Post by Cochrane »

A shortkey for Import from Clipboard would also be quite handy.

Since you've already used ctrl-a, ctrl-c (in alt.binaries.nl for example), ctrl-v would be a logical shortkey in Newspro to Import from the clipboard.
azteke

NZB files without extensions

Post by azteke »

I use a download manager (download accelerator plus) to download NZB files from alt.binaries.nl (for instance). It works perfectly, but the files aren't saved as .nzb, they are without any extension.

It would be great if newspro can examine the contents of imported files to check for their integrity, rather then just looking at the extensions. It would save me (and many others) time to rename the hundreds of files.

Keep up the good work:!:!!!

- azteke
alex

Post by alex »

probably you use winnt, then names are like "edit[1]"

newspro examines integrity, currently it just checks extension before that, probably i'll change it so any file without extension will be treated as .nzb