The next release (2)

alex

The next release (2)

Post by alex »

<snip outdated link>

there are options in the server pane of the workspace window, it is possible to exclude header bandwidth (context menu, if you select one server it proposes an opposite option) and to reset bandwidth counters and download limits at certain time (on per server basis).

You can select several servers and set the same value (but it will show/hint to the current value only when one server is selected).

There is sort by priority/userid in server names in properties->servers pane.

If you run any previous version - the settings will be lost (back to default - header bandwidth included, no daily reset).

If you have comments how this is implemented let me know before the release.

Now newspro recognizes message-id links, if the article is in the database it will show it, otherwise it will go to google (for now).
mmikan

Post by mmikan »

Few nice touches Alex!

Thanx for Set Auto Reset Time option in server's context menu. Now I can finaly see my daily download amounts on Newsfeeds servers and know how much is left on particular server (they all reset on Midnight CST now). I'm not sure but I think that Newsfeeds DON'T exclude headers from download limits, but that new option will be usefull for users with other providers definitelly (I think EasyNews does that, right?).

Sort by server priorities is also usefull for someone like me, who changes their priorities quite often (especially when some of them get clumsy, like goliath-east lately).

Thanks again.
mmikan

Post by mmikan »

Ha...! I just pressed F2 on some header and realized that you joined all header properties in that dialog (both F2 and Alt-F2 from previous versions). Very, very nice... :D
But then again, I should've read your first post "The next release" more carefully.. :wink: