Sort article task queue by date

agnt007

Sort article task queue by date

Post by agnt007 »

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, so sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

When 'Sort article task queue by date' is checked, Newspro seems to completely ignore all other priorities. It seems like it should (read: I would like it to) download articles in the 'Download Immediately' priority range first, regardless of age. The same should hold true for the 'Download Later' priority range.

Here's my situation: I download a lot of stuff, and keep the queue full for several days at a time. I want to be able to have NewsPro download the files in order of date, so that it gets the oldest articles first. However, I occasionally find something that I want right away, so I mark it for download with a very high priority (in the 'Download Immediately' range). I also want to be able to mark stuff that I don't really care about with a very low priority (in the 'Downoad Later' range), so if NewsPro has absolutely nothing else to do, it should download those.

From your comments in this post, it seems like this is definitely the way it should be working, but definitely is not working this way for me.

Is anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong? I'm using v3.79.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Yes I have exsperienced wierd results with the sort function as well, mostly when I have had fairly large ques, 40000+ lines.

However I have found that everything behaves itself if I force the sort to reset itself after I have added everything that I wanted. Just turn off the sort que by date and then click back on it again and it will resort the que with the high priority items first and the rest by date. (not sure what happens to the download latter items since I don't normaly use that function.)

hope that helps even though it is only a workaround....
agnt007

Post by agnt007 »

Eric, thanks for the tip. It's a simple enough workaround that I'm embarassed I haven't tried it yet myself. Thanks again.
alex

Post by alex »

i'll try to recheck the code, if you have any idea how to reproduce it let me know. it is unlikely to be connected to the size of the queue, maybe something with date range of marked for download articles.
alex

Post by alex »

i fixed the problem in the latest version