Feature Request: Alternate tool-tray icon colour for Vista

Severed

Feature Request: Alternate tool-tray icon colour for Vista

Post by Severed »

The default task bar colour for Vista is mostly black - I often have trouble finding the UE icon on the tool tray because of this - if it'd be possible to select another icon with different colours that would be a big help. I haven't found anything to do this through the programs interface or through Windows itself.
Cheers
MilesAhead

how 'bout Greg icon?

Post by MilesAhead »

I tried the UE_Greg_v2 icon in Vista quick launch bar and it looks fine.
I think it would be a good candidate for the Task Tray Icon.

For the time being you might try it in the quick launch to see what you think.
To me it has enough contrasting colors it should work with just about any background.

Unfortunately there's no way to substitute another icon in the task tray at the user level. There are Windows APIs that put an icon in the tray, run popup menus and tooltips etc.. It has to be written into the program and the icon resource has to be compiled in. When they came up with that black Vista taskbar they should have built in some kind of automatic background color inversion or something(like when you select text in an editor) to save people from reworking it just for that. :roll:
alex

Post by alex »

i just need to add some color shape around the current icon, i'll try to do it in the pending release, tried before with 16 colors couldn't encircle it so it would look right, maybe need to change it to higher color resolution icon to achieve this.