Limit posting and d/l connections

Tatman

Limit posting and d/l connections

Post by Tatman »

The news server I use has now decided to limit the number of connection per user to 2 max. So in the set up can I limit the download conenction to 1 and the upload connection to 1 so I can upload and downlaod at the same time. I have changed my max conenctions to 2 but can not seem to d/l and u/l at the same time. The d/l seems to use 1 connection but the u/l goes into a pending state as the second conenction is there for d/l but not being used, just points to retry if I click on it.

Hope I explained this corerctly?
alex

Post by alex »

In properties->tasks there is 'relative chance to run', just set equal chances for these kinds of tasks, it will achieve what you want (not exactly, it has to do with probabilities, but is all the same).
Tatman

Post by Tatman »

Well I change the relative to all be 1 and still it tells me that I have exceeded my 2 connections. When I have it either on 1 or 2.
alex

Post by alex »

i thought you are talking about task alternation so post sits in pending state all the time while it is downloading.

in properties->servers select the server and set its max. number of tasks to 2.

if it didn't help contact the server support with the problem description, then it is something on their side.