How to keep selected headers ?

newsneed

How to keep selected headers ?

Post by newsneed »

Apologies if the answer is obvious but I am just trying UE and have been unable to find a way of keeping or locking selected headers so that they are not deleted if I delete all the headers in a newsgroup.

In Forte Agent this is achieved by selecting "Keep" (short cut key K) which locks and marks the header with a padlock. I can then safely delete or purge all the headers in the group and everything is deleted except those maked with the padlock that I wish to retain.

Any advise on how to achieve this or how to retain selected headers would be greatly appreciated
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Flag them (Right-click->Mark->Flagged). I can't remember what the default key shortcut is, if it had one (I changed mine anyway). You'll still be able to delete them if you selected and deleted manually but flagged articles will be unaffected if you, for example, reset headers on the group(s). You can also use the Quick Filter bar to filter out flagged headers so you can work on others.

I always did like the Keep method in Agent. It was something you knew was guaranteed to always keep something no matter what you did. Unfortunately you can still delete something in UE even if it's flagged which is the closest you can get to Keep.
newsneed

Post by newsneed »

Josef K - many thanks for your reply.

It's a pity there seems to be no direct equivaelnt to the "Keep" function. I have got used to keeping a number of headers of things that I am interested in but don't want to download immediately.

Anyway for now I will try your suggestions. In the longer time perhaps the option will be added To UE

Thanks again.