New function for ALT+D

jd

New function for ALT+D

Post by jd »

I use ALD+S for marking a release and then ALT+D quite a lot since it marks the post then downloads and saves it automatically. Now, maybe it would be possible to have another shortcut that invokes a filed for the directory name?

Right now UE simply uses a folder name taken from how it was posted. This leads to folder names like "[superduperguyposting] Some Movie".
If there would be a field to edit the folder name the download would end up in the right directory. Right now I edit the folders afterwards in Explorer, but I think doing it from UE is more elegant.

And right click and download & save is not an option since it involves too much navigation in the menus! The ALT+D shortcut is great for me.
Josef K

Re: New function for ALT+D

Post by Josef K »

jd wrote:...right click and download & save is not an option since it involves too much navigation in the menus...
Unless you assign Download & save to a keyboard shortcut:

Right-click the toolbar->Customise->Keyboard->Category: Newsgroup View->Commands: Download & save.

Assign any keystroke you want (I use CTRL+S) to download and save without menus as simply as you use ALT+D.
jd

Post by jd »

Ok, I have tried that but it's not exactly what I'm looking for since it's too many questions. On the first download UE will always jump to "My Documents" as a place to save the stuff. Only the second download the file browser will go the download location I choose the first time (and yes, I have a default download location that works fine if I use ALD+D).

Then the file browser opens, I have to click "suggest" for the folder name, then I can rename it. UE then asks "Folder not there yet, create?".

That's too much hassle. It would be great to simply have a field open with the suggested folder name that you can edit, then press return and the folder is created and download begins.
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

jd wrote:...(and yes, I have a default download location that works fine if I use ALD+D).
UE should act the same with Download & save. I have many different directories specified for various groups I have and everything gets pointed to the correct root location every time I Download & save.
jd wrote:That's too much hassle. It would be great to simply have a field open with the suggested folder name that you can edit, then press return and the folder is created and download begins.
You're looking for something between full manual (Download & save) and using Auto. I'm presuming you perform this action many times over which would be why the manual way would become tiresome. I don't use the Auto option myself so maybe someone else who does might be able to say if that can be tweaked in some way.