Feature Requests RE:Autosave, launching new article tasks

nyquil67

Feature Requests RE:Autosave, launching new article tasks

Post by nyquil67 »

I would like to see a way to auto-supress autosave during manual save. So I either don't get two tasks trying to save the same file, or the system won't get bogged down as much by disk writes.

The other feature, would be to suspend the launching of new tasks during the canceling of tasks. If I cancel a large number of tasks, it will repeatedly launch tasks that I have tagged to cancel, then cancel them, where perhaps it would be less strain on the system, if the tasks waited until the cancels were done.
alex

Post by alex »

you can launch multiple manual save streams, but autosave has the only stream, you can block the autosave stream manually through the tasks menu. i'm considering reducing all to one save queue with the option to reorder it (less asynchronity but more manageability), it will be discussed when it will be closer. with launching/cancelling i'm working on a faster synchronous arrangement when the program will block (hour glass cursor until the operation has been completed) but it will be fast enough, then there will be no such issue, as to now all is done asynchronously.
alex

Post by alex »

you can launch multiple manual save streams, but autosave has the only stream, you can block the autosave stream manually through the tasks menu. i'm considering reducing all to one save queue with the option to reorder it (less asynchronity but more manageability), it will be discussed when it will be closer. with launching/cancelling i'm working on a faster synchronous arrangement when the program will block (hour glass cursor until the operation has been completed) but it will be fast enough, then there will be no such issue, as to now all is done asynchronously.