Error Downloading-"481 SSL Access not allowed (server)&

jercro

Error Downloading-"481 SSL Access not allowed (server)&

Post by jercro »

I tried to download some files today and received an error"481 SSL Access not allowed (server)" I contacted my news service and they said that my connection showed that I was trying to access with SSL enabled. But SSL is disabled in UE properties.
Everything worked fine the last time I used UE this last week.

Any suggestions??

UE 2.8.1 on Windows 7 32 bit.
Avast AV
jercro

Post by jercro »

I'm still getting the Error "481 SSL access not allowed (server)" trying to connect to Giganews.com. They say it is UE that is causing the problem, that it has SSL enabled. But SSL is not enabled in the properties and I have cycled it off and on and off a couple times and makes no difference.

Sure wish I could solve this. Getting frustrated. UE worked fine the week before when I used it. Now doesn't want to. I've enabled connection both ways through Windows Firewall. Even tried it with firewall disabled. About thinking I may need to go back to earlier version of UE and see if that makes a difference.
jercro

Post by jercro »

I think I figured it out. I had updated to the new ver 5 of Avast AV and it was blocking NNTP for scanning. Turned it off and worked fine. So far anyhow.
Thanks to all for looking and hope my solution helps someone else.
jgrade1

Post by jgrade1 »

Actually, I wouldn't turn off avast for NNTP. What you can do is go into the expert settings for the Mail Shield, select SSL Encryption and turn your NNTP account service (I use giganews) encryption to none. This should work and not bypass the virus check.
jercro

Post by jercro »

Thanks, I will try that. Although it still checks the files when they are opened this way.