Who Is Minding The Store?

Paddy O'Furniture

Who Is Minding The Store?

Post by Paddy O'Furniture »

alt.binaries.multimedia, over the last few months, has been inundated with a large number of headers with cryptic titles (combinations of letters and numbers). Just out of curiosity, I've attempted to download a group of these headers from time to time. Each time, I am met with the same result. The green box icon turns into the dreaded question mark icon and nothing downloads.

Isn't anyone monitoring this site? Do you have to be a member of a special club to download the files in question? If not, I'd like to say "get the files off the newsgroup'".
They Are cluttering things up (I mean slowing down the loading of legitimate files).
alex

Re: Who Is Minding The Store?

Post by alex »

Try to check what are the errors in tasks menu->task manager, the red question tab, maybe no such article or like that.
mrqaffe

Re: Who Is Minding The Store?

Post by mrqaffe »

It's probably a passworded post and you get an errormessage about that if you have the function for checking if its passworded active in UE, you normaly get the identity and password of the post from some forum, then you search for the identitystring and download and use the password provided via the forum that originated the post, there are several forums that using this or similar methods.