UE not autoextracting rar files

mwestep

UE not autoextracting rar files

Post by mwestep »

I upgraded to Windows 8, and now the program will not autoextract rar files. Any reason why this might be?
alex

Re: UE not autoextracting rar files

Post by alex »

In the Unpack tab in the edit menu->task manager there is the Status column, what do you see there for the rar files' entries?

Doublecheck the unrar folder location and unpack settings (UE, edit menu->properties->save/unpack, unpack) and if relevant unrar folder permissions (Windows).
mwestep

Post by mwestep »

These are my options in the properties menu. Is there anything I was missing?
alex

Post by alex »

What is in the status column for the rar files?

Also since par2 verification is required before starting unrar - doublecheck there is par2 file which states the rar files as "complete".

Can you give me screenshot of the unpack entry with status column shown of an affected rar file and corresponding par2 file?

You may comment out the file name it is not important.

See e.g.

http://www.usenetexplorer.com/help/ut3.gif

The status column you can see at the bottom right.

If rar set is not par2 verified for some reason or no par2 file it won't start unraring. If no problem with par2 it may be problem with unraring process, e.g. too long name, in both cases you should see some error there.
mwestep

Post by mwestep »

Actually there isn't anything in the unpack tab. The .rar files come complete with par2 files. I never had any trouble with this before.

I have noticed that before (when it was working), it would hold off downloading par files while the rar files download first, and only downloads the par files as needed. Now it is downloading everything based on its placement in the queue. e.g. if par files are at the top of the list, those will be downloaded before the rar files.