Search problem?

LarryM

Search problem?

Post by LarryM »

If I do a search for "Revolution&S01E13", then sort the results by "Date", there are three sets posted in the last 4 days (as of right now).

On all three, if I attempt to download, Giganews reports "No such article" on every part.

I can search and successfully download other post, any idea what's going on with these?

thanks, Larry
alex

Re: Search problem?

Post by alex »

It means giganews deleted the post after takedown notice.

If you use astraweb, for such a case the numeric error code is the same, but the error message is more specific; giganews always returns "No such article".

I'm planning to add sets to search service eventually, then maybe I could try to sync it with astraweb as a search option.
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

??? So someone told them to remove these posts?

Bazillions of exe's posted and they take down a three of the same tv episode? Is this some sort of sign that the copyright police are cracking down?

I didn't know this was even possible, who would do this?

Larry
LarryM

Post by LarryM »

Of interest... a 4th version of that episode was posted, I noticed it and quickly downloaded... today (the next day) the post is gone, attempts to get the parts fail.

Whoever is attempting to keep this TV epsiode blocked is doing a pretty good job.

...but who would this be??
alex

Post by alex »

I think the takedown notices are generated automatically based on subject, since I saw once a spam password ware post was removed.

Servers remove those posts (takedown notices are message-id lists) automatically as well.

There are some organizations associated with the movie industry, likely they get some funding from there.