others have throubles with downloading my files

nulleke

others have throubles with downloading my files

Post by nulleke »

When I post a rar file at a newsgroup most ppl cant get my full download, it seems for them like an encrypted file. I post UUE and not Enc. What is causes this problem. I have now increased to 15.000 lines but the problem is still there. Is someone able to explain or help me out pls?
Attachments
these are my settings
these are my settings
usenet.jpg (55.93 KiB) Viewed 7751 times
alex

Re: others have throubles with downloading my files

Post by alex »

Try to download it with Usenet Explorer to see if there is any problem.

UUE is an old posting method, some newsreaders may not support it, so better just use yEnc, also yEnc posts are 40% less in size.
nulleke

Post by nulleke »

downloading is not a problem but when I am sending a large file, Usenet is splitting them and that way Usenet is making a mess of my file. Most ppl are not getting my whole file only a part of it and they cant combine. I know encrypting, I have used that one too but not a lot of ppl can get them either.
alex

Post by alex »

Most files on the Usenet are split into parts.

If a part didn't make it the post will be incomplete, you need to post par2 files to repair incomplete files.

UUE or yEnc wouldn't matter much - if all newsreaders could handle UUE, so better just use yEnc format.

When posting - use SSL connection to the server to ensure no data is corrupted on your end or en route.
nulleke

Post by nulleke »

Thanks I will give that a try.