Handling incomplete sets

Terry

Handling incomplete sets

Post by Terry »

I started a download, by loading a .nzb, while the upload was still in progress.

The result was, obviously, an incomplete file set to directory "ABC".

A few hours later the set was complete so I tried to continue downloading by loading ABC.nzb again.
UE created a new directory "ABC(1)" and downloaded the missing files in that directory. The set was unpacked to the "ABC" directory.
So only the needed files were downloaded (good) but the "ABC" directory wasn't cleaned up.
Is there a way to let UE continue in the original "ABC" directory?

Code: Select all

Client:       Usenet Explorer v4.9.3 - 64 bit (registered)
Anti Virus:   Avast Premium - 64 bit (updated daily)
Firewall:     Avast Premium - 64 bit (updated daily)
Usenet:       Eweka
Terry

Re: Handling incomplete sets

Post by Terry »

Just got a similar problem with a complete set.

A empty directory called: SomethingVeryGood
A directory containing the unpacked files: Something_Very_Good

I think it's related to the naming the download after the .nzb and .rar (which could be different)

Deselecting Properties->Save/Unpack -> "Derive name after rar" doesn't solve the problem either because it puts everything in the same directory (Unrar by default).
What's worse is that the files aren't in a separate sub-directory; which makes things a mess when hundreds of downloads are placed in that folder. Not to mention unwanted overwriting of duplicate files.

The most ideal situation would be downloading files into the directory derived from the NZB name and an extract to the same directory.

alex

Post by alex »

edit menu->properties->tasks, you can use "retry failed article tasks every x min".

or invoke retry manually from the tasks menu->task manager article "errors" pane.

as to creating a new directory when directory with the same name already exists, i'll check that, it could be an option maybe.

you can set it in properties->save/unpack to delete headers after save (mark as deleted), then you'll see only those headers which have not been saved yet.
Terry

Post by Terry »

edit menu->properties->tasks, you can use "retry failed article tasks every x min".
That's a useful option. But I wouldn't be me if I had more wishes. Sorry Alex! Ignore at will :wink:

a] I think it would be better to move incomplete sets to the end of the queue. Yesterday I had this setting at 10 minutes. Re-checking took 3 minutes. No new parts were added so 3 minutes wasted. That's 30% download time. Yeah I know I set 10 minutes to a higher value....

b] Likely it's not useful to re-check old sets. What exactly is "old" is hard to define. But it's very unlikely an incomplete 30 day old post will ever be completed. So no need to keep checking. Certainly not when there are still pending downloads in the queue.