keyboard shortcuts

PhiloVance

keyboard shortcuts

Post by PhiloVance »

I just recently started trying to use keyboard shortcuts more often. I've found 2 that don't seem to work in UE.

1. Alt+P should take me to the Import menu, but doesn't do anything. All others (Alt+F for File, Alt+E for Edit, etc.) seem OK.

2. If I have a range of articles marked and press Alt+I, I should get "Download and Save Immediately," but nothing happens. Others, like Ctrl+D for "Download and Save," are fine.

My keyboard or 2 little bugs?
alex

Re: keyboard shortcuts

Post by alex »

Alt+P is the standard menu shortcut, when I press alt and then p it moves focus to the Import menu, but then I need to press Enter to open it, differently e.g. from the View menu.

As to Alt+I if it doesn't work but it is listed in the context menu - maybe some other program intercepts this key, you can change the shortcut, click right mouse button on the toolbar, then invoke customize, keyboard, you can set it to something else.
PhiloVance

Re: keyboard shortcuts

Post by PhiloVance »

Yes, it must be that some other process is eating the Alt+I before it gets to UE, because I added another hotkey to Search Service View->Download&save Immediately as well as Newsgroup View->Download&save Immediately and that seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for your help, alex!