Queue Fixes Please.

panasync

Queue Fixes Please.

Post by panasync »

After setting up newspro for 60k+ header downloads, and just before I had a chance to restart in order to save the state of the database :/ (something that shouldn't be necessary, but is, IMHO), a sudden power failure caused the loss of the new database state. Upon restart, I opened the Pending tasks window in order to delete the already downloaded tasks. No problem deleting them, but there seems to be some sort of queue problem as the program was still attempting to download deleted tasks. You would assume that the pending tasks window, is exactly that. A window into the state of the download queue, unfortunately it appears to not be.
Colten D Edwards
alex

Post by alex »

tasks corresponding to deleted headers are cleared within one minute or so, it was added in 3.6 (at least in 3.65), see 'what is new'.
panasync

no cigar

Post by panasync »

Not quite. This occurred over a couple of hours. It was actually able to put together quite a few 47.4mb files from a dvd I was downloading. In fact 15 of them from a DVD which I had already finished downloading and burnt off to disk, as well as cleared all the rar files from my HD. The only way I've found to fix this, is to cancel all headers, and then re-mark the headers I need from the groups I'm in. This has a side effect of loosing rar files that were completed but had not been assembled yet. My newspro data directory ends up with 1000's of .npr files which never disappear. My current data directory is 2.9gig. Once my 20k headers/files are finished downloading, I'll be able to go into that directory and delete all the remaining .npr's.
Colten D Edwards