possible request?

bubbz

possible request?

Post by bubbz »

My PC has crashed a couple of times recently and after starting newspro and restoring the database I notice that it reverts to the queue of article downloads from the previous time it was restarted (before the crash).

This results in newspro redownloading any articles which were downloaded after the previous restart (and before the crash).

When the articles are binaries which were already saved, would it be possible for newspro to check if anything in it's queue has already being saved and remove it from the queue when restoring the database? Obviously you can do this manually, but I see no reason why it couldn't be automated.

As usual, keep up the good work Alex...
bubbz
MikeStammer

Post by MikeStammer »

I think he is working on this. The database state will be saved at certain intervals and this would fix what you are seeing. No timetable tho
Mike Stammer
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

It is also good a root level, to figure out why your PC is crashing.. That is not good for any work on any program that you have not saved before the crash.
bubbz

Post by bubbz »

blackdog56 wrote:It is also good a root level, to figure out why your PC is crashing.. That is not good for any work on any program that you have not saved before the crash.
Right, glad you pointed that out, could never have worked it out for myself. Usually i'm more than happy to let my PC crash at regular intervals, in fact, if it hasn't crashed for a while, I tend to just power off in the middle of important tasks just to keep it on it's toes :roll: The problem was a hardware issue which was solved by the time I made the above post, the suggestion still seemed relevent however...

MikeStammer: Thanks for the more useful reply :D
bubbz
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

Good :) then I won't need to mention the forum search function that would have taken you to the 50 times it has been discussed allready... like [req] database autobackup, just a few posts down.