Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post Reply
dxcarnadi
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by dxcarnadi »

Hallo

Wenn I click the columns (Subject, Author, Age, Size & Newsgroups) .. I can sort them.
Except "Message-ID" .. why?

"Message-ID" consists of Collection, Partial and Single.
How can I sort them into f.e. first Collection then Partial and down below Single?
Thank you.
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by alex »

The column is not sortable, since there is not much sense to sort by message-id, it is random, then there are only 4 kinds of headers there.

You can just create filters in the filter editor, like "Messages" + "Collections" etc.

Then you can select a filter in the toolbar to apply to the current view.
dxcarnadi
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by dxcarnadi »

My intention is only to see a current view with Message-ID = Collection ... see attachment.
For me "Message-ID" is difficult to understand .. unlike f.e. "Subject".
Can one make such a View Filter with filter editor? How?
Thank you.

With filter editor I've experimented with f.e.
1. Predicate -> Messages = Collections or
2. Predicate -> Message-ID contains Collection

My trial&errors are in vain .. without success.
Attachments
2017-04-12 11_48_36-Usenet Explorer - [Search service].zip
(42.85 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by alex »

You can create filter like that:
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (22.42 KiB) Viewed 8266 times
Then you will be able to select it from the view filters combo box in the toolbar.
dxcarnadi
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by dxcarnadi »

With the filter editor I created the filter Collections .. see attachment 1

I gave the Search Command with Subject: elvis presley mp3 .. see attachment 2

I activated the View Filter Collections in toolbar .. see attachment 3

What have I done wrong ..? All the messages disappeared ...?!
Attachments
ViewFilter.zip
(105.38 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
dxcarnadi
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by dxcarnadi »

Now I get it.

I downloaded the headers from the Easynews server .. see attachment 1
Then I activated the View Filter Collections .. see attachment 2
See the difference!

But I don't work like that anymore.

Nowadays I ask always the UE Search server and get from it many "headers" from many newsgroups (not from one newsgroup).

My eyes see the "same" view as before .......
Attachments
Firefox.zip
(150.3 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by alex »

I'll check, maybe this is not implemented for the search service view, I will add it then.
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

Post by alex »

It should adequately work in 5.0.3, check it out.
Post Reply