Bypass database storage and external drive

joesloppy

Bypass database storage and external drive

Post by joesloppy »

I have bypass database checked and use an external drive. What happened is I closed UE with files still downloading, let's say about 20 files at once at 90% and unplugged my drive.

Later on I opened UE but forgot to connect my ext. drive first, now UE is re-downloading all the parts that were 90% done because I am guessing I didn't have the drive plugged in and so it couldn't find the same files and continue building them?

I quickly closed UE, and plugged in my drive but after opening UE again it just says the 20 files are at 0% now and all parts need to be downloaded again.

I suppose there is no way to tell UE to "rescan" these partially made files and only get the last missing parts?

I wonder if there should be a save path check on downloading files when bypass database is checked to prevent UE from forgetting download progress on bypass option? Progress gets paused and errors on save location till fixed, but not just re-downloading all - My fault though. :oops:

Thanks
alex

Re: Bypass database storage and external drive

Post by alex »

Bypass database storage means instead of keeping the article body it keeps just the file path and the offset into the file.

Integrity is checked on start, if files are missing it is more logical not to count them as downloaded.

It could check if the drive is missing and give an option to exit, but this is currently not implemented, and what to do then if the drive is there, but files are missing.