Check for availability of new version

SiskoBen

Check for availability of new version

Post by SiskoBen »

Hi Alex,

I noticed that the check for the availability of a new version is done only one time (almost at the same moment NewsPro is starting article download) in the 'life' of the program.
However since i have NewsPro running uninterupted for weeks I don't notice about new versions until i either visit the webpage or restart Newspro (which i occasionally do to 'optimize database access')
Would it be possible to make NewsPro do the check once every period (like week or day)?

Best regards,
Arjan
simbsim

Post by simbsim »

Same problem here. NewsPro did inform about newer version correctly up to 3.7! And after that point not anymore.

By the way Alex, check also :?:Help:?: section :idea:Getting Started:idea: and other parts that are :arrow: links :!: to your site.
So far i could find out they do not work.
And :arrow: this site:!: is also quite hard to find as it doesn't list in google search results on NewsPro 3.74 query.

Thanks, for support.
p.s. What happened to your site? :roll: :roll: :roll:
alex

Post by alex »

no, i explained already, 3.74 was only a fix to a bug in power post, apparently not enough to change the update version number (i just took it too "personal" since power post introduced other bugs in the past).

the same was with 3.72 since it was only import for .nzb & .zml files that then were produced only by commercial services and so not of general interest. with adding .nzb export it became different.

both cases clearly are exceptions.

if your program didn't show updates since v3.7 probably firewall blocks newspro access to 80 port, it needs to read http://www.usenetopia.com/version_r.htm

now the site is working ok from here, probably it was some kind of temporary problem with your isp or the hosting.