Problems with Spaces in attachement names

Post Reply
ElimGarak
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:55 pm

Problems with Spaces in attachement names

Post by ElimGarak »

I Have a problem with the new Version of newspro: I always use "download and save Attachements" and download multipart messages. In the saved directory the filenames of the attachemnts have stragnge behaviour concerning spaces in the filenames. Sometimes all Spaces in the filenames are removed, sometimes , if a file contains lets say 7 spaces, those 7 spaces are located anywhere in the name.. (on a random position..

Here are 2 examples
John Huling - I nTheLandOfDreams-09-InTheLandOfDreams.mp3
John Hul ing-InTheLandOfDreams.jpg

Maybe this is a bug, i hope its not just a wrong setting on my side,
Thanks
ElimGarak
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by alex »

Is it this post?

Subject: John Huling - In The Land Of Dreams - 09 - In The Land Of Dreams.mp3 (01/46) ... (46/46) - Reassembly
From: dream-on@dis-is-it.com (dreamer)
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 14:38:44 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.sounds.mp3,alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.1990s,alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.new-age

newspro saved the attachments you mentioned with the names:

John Huling - In The Land Of Dreams - 09 - In The Land Of Dreams.mp3
John Huling - In The Land Of Dreams (back).jpg
John Huling - In The Land Of Dreams (disc).jpg
John Huling - In The Land Of Dreams (front).jpg

unless the file name doesn't contain illegal characters or is invalid windows file name newspro won't change it.

try to reboot the system and then save the attachments again, maybe you have something that messes with the file system?

if you open the .mp3 article you can see the file name to the right of the icon, also you can find it in the artilce source, it is the name newspro will use.
Post Reply