Filter question

netfan

Filter question

Post by netfan »

Hi all,

I have the following filter question:

I want to DELETE all news incl. attachment that are in a filterlist, but cant see how to make this as a simple task.

I have created a virtual newsgroup "New Subfolder". Inside that virtual newsgroup I have subcribed newsgroups of my interest. Here I want to do the following task:

a) all articles that are less than 100 lines should be baned - not deleted
b) all articles that match the !!!attachment!!! in my filterlist should be KILLED

for a) I use the "Initial Filter" - works perfect!

Now to b)

I set up a filter with the filter editor e.g.

if subject is BMW , action: ???? extract or banned????? - which one to use? (all BMW attachments I want kill)

then I save this filter.

Now I go to "Properties", "Kill Filters" and see, that all newsgroups are listed that I have subscribed too - but how can I set up the filter for JUST my virtual newsgroup? Do I have to select the newsgroups step by step?

And another question. If a subjectline would be:

"Please post all BMW, here are my Mercedes pictures" (attached to this message is mercedes001.jpg)

Would this mesage be deleted, since BMW is in the subject line?

Thank you all for your help.

netfan
alex

Post by alex »

in properties->kill filters 'ban' deletes headers (the pane works only for newsly incoming headers), in article views it just hides them. in article views you can apply 'extract' instead of 'ban' and then delete all shown headers manually, if you created such a filter in the filter editor e.g. apply the filter (edit menu->apply filter), then press 'undo' then 'extract'.

as to virtual groups - you need to add filter to every newsgroup in the virtual group, it can be easily done by selecting all relevant groups in the upper (newsgroup) list (ctrl or shift key to select several items) and then pressing 'add' to add the same filter(s) to the filter pane of every group.

there are no separate settings for virtual groups here since then newsgroup and virtual group filters could contradict each other.