HowTo: View Article = Download Immediately?

voripteth

HowTo: View Article = Download Immediately?

Post by voripteth »

There are times when I already have a big queue of files that NewsPro is downloading and I'd like to easily view another file immediately. I know that I can manually use Alt-I and then Enter to view the file before the queue is finished.

How do I combine these so that whenever I use Enter to view a file, NewsPro knows that I want this placed at the top of the queue automatically?
alex

Post by alex »

you can temporarily change the current mark for download priority in the task menu (initial priority is set in properties->tasks), if it is for few files you can just press Enter. There is no special priority associated with pressing Enter since such approach would eventually increase the number of options exponentially.
voripteth

Post by voripteth »

I don't see why pressing enter would increase the number of options exponentially. Let me try to explain how I use the program and see if anyone else does the same.

Most often I download clusters of files using Alt-K to download and save the files. There are times when I want to preview the file inside a group to see if I want to download the group of files. I press enter or double click on the file. If there isn't anything already in the queue, all is fine and I get to see my file immediately. If the queue is in use I have to wait until it empties before I see the file I clicked on.

My point is that a double click on a file should automatically move it to the top of the queue. I clicked on the file because I want to see it NOW, not wait until everything else has finished. I think this is straightforward and desirable behavior. Does anyone else agree?

(Yes I know I can use the combination of Alt-I and enter to move the file to the front of the queue. It makes more sense to me to combine these so I don't have to remember to perform the extra step.)
Bodach

Post by Bodach »

voripteth wrote:I don't see why pressing enter would increase the number of options exponentially. Let me try to explain how I use the program and see if anyone else does the same.

Most often I download clusters of files using Alt-K to download and save the files. There are times when I want to preview the file inside a group to see if I want to download the group of files. I press enter or double click on the file. If there isn't anything already in the queue, all is fine and I get to see my file immediately. If the queue is in use I have to wait until it empties before I see the file I clicked on.

My point is that a double click on a file should automatically move it to the top of the queue. I clicked on the file because I want to see it NOW, not wait until everything else has finished. I think this is straightforward and desirable behavior. Does anyone else agree?

(Yes I know I can use the combination of Alt-I and enter to move the file to the front of the queue. It makes more sense to me to combine these so I don't have to remember to perform the extra step.)
This would be handy. Another thread on this point is here:

http://www.netwu.com/newspro/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=961