Pausing specific tasks?

newspro4me

Pausing specific tasks?

Post by newspro4me »

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if there is a way of pausing specific tasks or a group of tasks?
Say I want to download new headers for a newsgroup and I wish to pause my article downloading to allow the header download to utilize full bandwidth. Is there a way of acomplishing this?
Any help is apreciated.

BTW I love this program. It's WELL worth the registartion fee. Thanks Alex. :)
alex

Post by alex »

you can change chances to run or the number of tasks in properties->tasks.

if you want an absolute approach you can set the number of article tasks to zero (then newspro won't launch article tasks at all just pausing the queue) or you can set chance to run to zero (but it is not absolute), in the latter case after header download has been completed newspro will resume article tasks.

if you want pause specific tasks you can use 'download later' option - see properties->tasks, tasks menu->suspend article tasks marked for later download and 'download later' in the context menu to mark such tasks for later download.

in short if you set the download later priority to, say, 4, tasks marked with priorities 1-4 will be suspended when the 'suspend article tasks' is checked; if you invoke 'download later' articles will be marked for download with the 4th priority (for this scenario).