weird article selection problem with one newsgroup

aapee

weird article selection problem with one newsgroup

Post by aapee »

hi,

i have a weird problem with article selection in one news group:

if i try to select several articles from the subject list (click one subject, keep mouse button pressed & move), or use the arrow keys to move between articles in the list, the selection seems to jump randomly between the lines on the subject list (e.g. jump up seven articles when i press the down key once). this makes deleting lines somewhat tricky :D

like i said, this only happens in one newsgroup, all the others work ok. what should i do about this?

i'm using newspro version 3.8.

- aapee
alex

Post by alex »

try to reset the newsgroup or if not too many headers in the database - reset the database (file menu->reset database).

in the past such problems were associated with running diskeeper - a defragmenter, somehow it corrupted newsgroup indices, so if the problem persists look into what was installed lately. if you also experience random corrupted database crashes (in addition to the jumping cursor) try check the memory (e.g. http://www.netwu.com/newspro/MemTest.zip ).
aapee

Post by aapee »

thanks, reseting the group helped :)

i've run the memtest earlier, no prob there - i did install norton utilies and ghost 9 a while ago, maybe that had something to do with it.