After update to V3.81 bandwidth keeps saying 0.000

jumanah

After update to V3.81 bandwidth keeps saying 0.000

Post by jumanah »

NP won't download any article and bandwidth shows 0.000 k/s after upgrading NP to version V3.81. When turning off Norton Internet security 2005 (NIS) the download works fine but when NIS is turned on and asks for authorisation it appears the two programs get in conflict, NIS seems to hang in the authorisation process. I never had any problems before with Newspro in combination with NIS.

The strange thing is that when I shutdown Newspro, the service keeps running in the Windows Taskmanager and I can't shutdown the process. Only a hard reset of the pc helps. When I turn off NIS and download with Newspro there are no problems. Who can help?
alex

Post by alex »

you need to delete and then readd newspro permissions in the firewall definitions, because you replaced the executable it doesn't allow it to connect.

if there is no option to do that (should be since upgrading is rather usual process) you can run the executable with different name.

it has nothing to do with newspro itself, since it is a level below it.
jumanah

Post by jumanah »

Thanks for the quick answer. The problem was explore.exe. During the process of setting the Newspro permissions in the firewall definitions explore froze and gave the conflict. Adding the permissions manually also ended in explore.exe not responding. I did turn off the firewall let Newspro download and this morning a tried to add the permissions for Newspro again with the firewall still turned off and the problem was gone. The permissions are set correctly and there is no problem with downloading articles and headers anymore. :P