Possible "bug" :)

hholland

Possible "bug" :)

Post by hholland »

It appears UE continues to try to get headers from maxed servers. I don't think it should as they usually don't answer :)

Hal
alex

Post by alex »

in exceeding download limit, did you set non-empty "suspend server for x minutes" and a wildmat which matches reached limit server error messages?
hholland

Post by hholland »

Yes (30 min) Yes. :)

It skips the server for downloading articles but tries to 'get new headers'.

It is a server which only allows a few megs daily and counts headers toward it, so I don't bother checking it after it has failed (sent a 502) But even during the 30 min period it continues to try to get headers.
alex

Post by alex »

here the tasks are just 'pending', no problem.

what did you enter in 'exceeding download limit' edit box?

what error message the server returns? do you see the server icon getting the red round clock which means the server is suspended?
hholland

Post by hholland »

Yes RED icon is there, I entered a simple 502* as this particular server uses it to say stop :)

Yes it only sets them pending, but that tends to (bother) me :) I'm particular I guess :)

Thanks Alex
alex

Post by alex »

pending doesn't mean running, when you mark for download it queues tasks but doesn't run them, so the server is not bothered while suspended.

but 502* is not too generic? maybe it also gives some words like limit reached, then better also put some more words like 502*limit*reached (but matching the real message the server gives).
hholland

Post by hholland »

I have two servers that use the 502 (limit reached) message so it works OK for both. The Flag is properly set (maxed server), I just didn't like the queued header task :)
alex

Post by alex »

you can select them all and cancel.