Quick Download command

voripteth

Quick Download command

Post by voripteth »

I did my first batch of downloads with Usenet Explorer and while it worked there are a few rough edges. A program focusing on managing large binary newsgroups must make it easy to download files.

In UE, each time I selected attachments to download and save I'm prompted for a directory and then by a messagebox asking if I want to delete the headers. This gets very tedious very quickly.

The VAST majority of the time I'm downloading to the same directory and I always want the headers deleted so I don't try to download something twice. Please make these options that can be set once and then used whenever I download and save an attachment. Call this new command "Quick Download" and preserve the current command in case there are times when I want to specify the download directory.

The "Quick Download" command should have an accelerator key and be on the toolbar since it will be one of the most often used commands.

(Whoops should this be posted in Development instead?)

Post by Guest »

All what you ask is in UE already.

Maybe better to look at the the program first before asking. Probably you will find much more smart settings as well . . . :wink:
Josef K

Post by Josef K »

Check out:

Properties->Newsgroups->Ask
Properties->Articles->Save Queue

There is no way around only sometimes being able to specify a save dir. Either you specify each time or not. You could always leave it to ask and just hit Enter each time. You'll get used to the amount of times you'll need to hit Enter to get past each dialogue box and it should become second nature - unless you tend to mouse around a lot.

Asking to delete the headers you can get rid of right now, though.

Also, you can assign any keystroke you like (as long as they don't clash with others) to any function. Right-click the toolbar, customise and switch to the Keyboard tab.
voripteth

Post by voripteth »

Josef,

Thanks very much for the help. There is just so much packed into the program it is often very hard to discover how to do what I want.
Gary Gnews

Post by Gary Gnews »

Anonymous wrote:All what you ask is in UE already.

Maybe better to look at the the program first before asking. Probably you will find much more smart settings as well . . . :wink:
I am no authority here, but this is not a helpful response. I understand the idea, but this is where people come to ask questions - others will learn from their queries. If everyone knew everything about UE, there would be no need for forums.
-- GG