Rearranging columns: Saving column preferences

Leechmonkey

Rearranging columns: Saving column preferences

Post by Leechmonkey »

Alex,

Thanks for the new features implemented as of late, it's great. However, I have one gripe with upgrading to a newer UE. It seems that everytime I do an upgrade, the Columns get reset back to the default.

Basically, everytime I open my folders, I prefer to see

Flag, Subject, Age, Size, Author, etc...

but everytime I do an upgrade, UE resets back to
Flag, Subject, Author, etc...

This wouldn't bother me as much if there's a master setting for this but I have to do it for every single folder. I have about 16 folders that I have to rearrange the columns for. Is there a Default Master setting so that I could just do it once and UE will remember it and apply it to all?

Thanks!
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

Set one window up like you want it.
Then press ALT, W, P.
alex

Post by alex »

are you switching from the old verson to new version every time?

but if you work only with the latest version all is preserved?

the problem maybe i added the message-id column in addition to the parts column, since those message-ids are quite distracting and e.g. in search service view the parts column looks much cleaner.

since the number of columns changed, it is possible the program resets the column order, since it takes the old number of columns and puts zero in the new column (the column is not there at all) and there are two zero columns then and it considers that a corrupted column order and fixes that through resetting it.

but if you use only v1.3 (no reason not to do that, but if there is tell what it is), the columns should be persistent and as it is pointed out in the previous post you can propagate your settings to all windows through the windows menu.

and i don't add columns frequently (last time it was adding the "newsgroups" column and now it is "message-id' it is all for 1 year).

but if it happens within 1.3 on repeated launches after you propagated column settings let me know and i'll check it (i estimate it is not likely).
Leechmonkey

Post by Leechmonkey »

Thanks!!! I didn't know there's a propagate column order setting.

Alex, Michaelm solved my problem.

thanks guys.
Michaelm wrote:Set one window up like you want it.
Then press ALT, W, P.
Bert

Post by Bert »

I think "propagate" is a too technical term. Better to give it an easier name.

I also would like to see an easier way to hide or show columns.
I.e: Right click on a column header dropsdown a list with all available columns. Click on the ones you want to see and they get a checkmark to indicate they are are shown.