Skips files

Wutang

Skips files

Post by Wutang »

When i download a game or movie whatever... it has alot of parts. Usenetexplorer skips some files :? i have 2 connections open :? Can someone help me ?
alex

Post by alex »

what do you mean skips it saves everything but some entries are left after saving, the problem which was fixed in v1.15?

also if nothing to save (like a text post without attachments) it won't delete the article body.

it doesn't matter how many connections 20 is also ok if you server allows it.
Wutang

Post by Wutang »

alex wrote:what do you mean skips it saves everything but some entries are left after saving, the problem which was fixed in v1.15?

also if nothing to save (like a text post without attachments) it won't delete the article body.

it doesn't matter how many connections 20 is also ok if you server allows it.
It downloads files fine no txt stuff... But it doesnt finish some files .. I have to redownload it to get it complete .. that kinda blows i have the newest version tho .. when i download a file i always right click on a file and select download&save attachments then make a folder and save it .. is this wrong ?
alex

Post by alex »

what do you mean "it doesn't finish"

does it stay in the pending state in the task manager?

ue won't save automatically unless it has downloaded all available bodies.

if not all parts are available from the outset (you see the icon as half grey) it will still download and save, but if some parts gave errors they go to the error pane and the program won't save (you see question sign header state icon then).

if it stays in the pending state (like you see 'Pending' for all tasks) it means it couldn't download all bodies but you have a server which e.g had its download limit triggered or has zero tasks or something like that, so it waits until the server is available again.
Wutang

Post by Wutang »

Here's a pica of a not finished file...

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/491/untitled18xv.jpg

The file under is finished the one above hasnt bin finished i have to double click on it to finish ..
alex

Post by alex »

the topmost with the question sign?

the second entry is currently downloading no problem?

in the task manager window check the error pane (the red question sign is shown on the tab, to the right of the article pane).

you'll see an error.

currently ue doesn't save if there is an error, in principle i could add it as an option, the mechanism already exists to do that when e.g. incomplete article gets into downloads pane.
Wutang

Post by Wutang »

Is there a way to fix this prob ?
alex

Post by alex »

look what is the error 'no such article'?

some error had place (not ue error but e.g. server doesn't have some parts available), so ue downloads what it can and then (since it couldn't download all parts successfully) moves the article to the 'error' pane and designates it with the question sign.

the current behaviour is not to save failed downloads, but i could consider adding such a option. if you see the question sign it means article download failed (if no network or unrelated server problems usually means no such article, you can find the error message in the error - red question sign pane - in the task manager).
Wutang

Post by Wutang »

Found it

430 No Such Article
alex

Post by alex »

so your newsserver doesn't have all parts, if you used ue indexing service it takes header streams from several different newsservers so maybe your newsserver is not so good as combined sources i'm using to feed the indexing server.

if the headers are very fresh maybe they have not arrived to your server yet.

after saving attachments with missing parts manually are you usually able to recover missing data with par2?
Wutang

Post by Wutang »

My newsserver is fine trust me its a pay server and its good ... i get everything complete
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

All pay servers are not equal. Which server are you using?
Wutang

Post by Wutang »

blackdog56 wrote:All pay servers are not equal. Which server are you using?
NewsXS i get no probs with any clients tho and even the unfinished files are ecomplete when i dubbel click on em
Michaelm

Post by Michaelm »

Reset headers and rescan maybe ?
alex

Post by alex »

Wutang:

i don't see from your screenshot, are you using ue indexing service to find files?

if so try to reset the import group (but ensure first the parts are still missing) and download headers directly from your newsserver to see whether they are complete or not there.