Feature I'd Like To See If Possible

Ody55ey

Feature I'd Like To See If Possible

Post by Ody55ey »

Hello,

A feature I'd like to see is the ability to select headers (1 or more) from my search and have the option to create a NZB file.

I'm not sure if this is possible but at times I search for things and come back to them later to be able to save a NZB file and just reload that would be very handy in my world.

What do others think?

Thanks
mcgub

Post by mcgub »

I like that idea...I was just thinking how handy it would be the other day.
chaznet

Post by chaznet »

Wow... That sounds extremely useful, and something I'd never thought of. EU is the best, but I do recall a feature of another I tried years back where you could define groups of downloads and download them when specified -- sounds like this would be a way to get that feature in UE. :idea:
Ody55ey

Post by Ody55ey »

My other thinking behind this is to free up the number of times I use the search server.

The less we use it for searching over and over for the same thing the better for us all :wink:
chaznet

Post by chaznet »

I'm wondering if maybe I'm clueless about the NZB files. I download headers, then search through them. From the initial post, thought this would be a way to save all parts of a posting that I could later run to download... Sounds like you're searching 'real-time' on a server and want to save the results...?
Ody55ey wrote:My other thinking behind this is to free up the number of times I use the search server.

The less we use it for searching over and over for the same thing the better for us all :wink:
Ody55ey

Post by Ody55ey »

I guess it is possible to work it both ways... to select headers from a subscribed groups and create an NZB for later download. Or select from UE search server the headers to create the NZB.

The main reason I suggest this is that I could use the my news servers indexing engine but it is nowhere near as precise (very little boolean options available) and is also much slower.
alex

Post by alex »

chaznet:

if it is not search server you can define automation in newsgroups in properties->watch/auto, for search server it is a problem since it could put much more load on it and which could make it more expensive to run.

Ody55ey:

as to creating nzb from search results we need to add it to small features requests, maybe i'll rearrange the section or create new vote within one-two weeks as i'll be more certain about what i do next on the project, if i don't add it just remind me there.