How do I save my configuration?

Segrest

How do I save my configuration?

Post by Segrest »

Hello Everyone,

I use UE to follow a small and fairly stable set of news groups.

When UE is launched, I have to open each group, grab the bar (at the bottom of each groups list of topics) and pull it up to expose the panel where the contents of the selected topic is displayed.

While I'll grant that this isn't that big a chore, it seems to me there is probably a way to save all of this configuration stuff so that the next time UE is launched it will appear as I left it.

How do I do this?

Bob
alex

Post by alex »

actually i have it already in "to consider" list, in principle unlike newspro opening large newsgroups is faster so in principle windows could be preserved between launches.

in a week i should have much more time i'll try to draft more exact to do plan, eventually it may come to such small features or even they could added in parallel with larger features.
jimzak

happy new year

Post by jimzak »

Hello.

I would like UE to open three binary newsgroups everytime I open UE and download the new headers automatically.

Is it possible for UE to be setup to perform these actions?

Thanks for a great and powerful newsreader.

Jim
alex

Post by alex »

there is an option to download headers automatically from selected newsgroups (also on start) properties->watch/auto, enable headers + to set get headers every x minutes for desired newsgroups to non-empty value.

there is currently no option to open newsgroups on program start, if i add something like that probably it would be the persistence option (opening the same newsgroups as those opened when closing the program).