Newsgroup List Help

Post Reply
PRam2004
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:53 pm

Newsgroup List Help

Post by PRam2004 »

Aplogies if this has been asked/answered, could not find after searching...

I'm trying to get new newsgroup list and it doesn't seem to be working.

Running UE 1.7.4, with GigaNews, on cable network with LinkSys router.

I try the following.

File -> Newsgroup list -> Ctrl-G *OR* Alt-G (neither seems to work)

Any suggestions?

FYI - I retrieved newsgoup list when UE first came out but have never refreshed it since. I can retrieve articles no problem, just can't see new newsgroup listing??
MrEman
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:06 pm
Location: USA Connecticut
Contact:

Post by MrEman »

Go to File> NewGroup List> and click with mouse or hit enter

This will open a Newsgroup List window

In the window Right mouse and select Newsgroup List..... a flyout menu will apear

Then select Get Newsgroup List

All done :)
PRam2004
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:53 pm

Post by PRam2004 »

MrEman

I tried that, that is same as Ctrl-G within newsgroup list.

I do appreciate suggestion...
NoNo
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:50 pm
Location: France

Post by NoNo »

It does seems that using ctr+g or alt+g in the newsgroup list window or right-click and calling those functions does nothing as I can see in the task manager window.

But doing those functions in the workspace window (with the newsgroup list tab) does work as I can see the jobs in the task manager.

Now it's kinda weird :p
alex
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:57 pm

Post by alex »

i've checked it, from within newsgroup list view the functions in the "newsgroup list" submenu are not working properly, since in the handler getting newsgroup list and cancelling the operation are interchanged.

i've fixed it here by interchanging those two function calls back, it will be in the next release. the functions to invoke those operations for header/newsgroup list views were added more than a year ago, just noone noticed.
Post Reply