automatic unpack of sets that does not contain par2 file?

bassie

automatic unpack of sets that does not contain par2 file?

Post by bassie »

when i download a set that only contains rars and no par files, ue does not unpack the set. It remains in the task manager.

Would it be nice to let ue try once to unpack the set anyway (hoping that the set is complete).

Because now i have to click on the post in the task manager and select unpack.
jonib

Post by jonib »

Maybe UE could test the rar files with the rar code, and if OK could unrar even if there is no par2 files?

jonib
alex

Post by alex »

in settings properties->unpack, require par2 verification, uncheck "auto unrar".

it works if the subject is well-defined it means the file name can be found inside the post subject, so UE is able to associate remaining parts from the unpack pane with the article download queue, otherwise it would have to try unrar every time after a rar part has been downloaded which is not practical, in the rar file itself there is no number of rar files anywhere, i think it only has flags whether there is preceeding and/or succeeding rar part file.

if there is par2 file it will have higher precedence over the option, so it will use par2 file info before unraring even with the option unchecked.
bassie

Post by bassie »

i did what alex suggested and it works. Now this post unpacks although there is no par file.