NewsFeeds - still unbalanced

voripteth

NewsFeeds - still unbalanced

Post by voripteth »

Is anyone else who subscribes to NewsFeeds.com seeing unbalanced servers? Even though there are east and west versions, it seems that only one side gets new files.

I read about all sorts of server upgrades yet I don't see any real performance difference. How useful is it to have multiple servers and yet have files only show up on one of them. :(
Tha*Lunat!k

Post by Tha*Lunat!k »

Which ones are giving the problems? I know some of the east/west versions have varying levels of retention, but for recent files I see them appearing on most all servers that carry the group.
[img]http://graphics.thalunatik.com/sig6.png[/img]
The_Skull

Re: NewsFeeds - still unbalanced

Post by The_Skull »

voripteth wrote:Is anyone else who subscribes to NewsFeeds.com seeing unbalanced servers? Even though there are east and west versions, it seems that only one side gets new files.

I read about all sorts of server upgrades yet I don't see any real performance difference. How useful is it to have multiple servers and yet have files only show up on one of them. :(
I have had the same problem over here. I have resetted all the Newsfeeds servers and then I could regain new headers on all groups from all servers. Seems they are crapping up overthere.
slotboxed

Post by slotboxed »

I know this is a late post, but...

What I like about NewsPro is I never have to download headers from Newsfeeds. I get all the headers I need for free from Easynews and then download the bodies by Message-ID from Newsfeeds.