Easynews....Anybody else having issues or is this a UE issu?

jmbailey2000

Easynews....Anybody else having issues or is this a UE issu?

Post by jmbailey2000 »

Per a suggestion from Easynews, I changed my news server from news.easynews.com to news.us.easynews.com. Everything has been fine. However, recently, UE has started having trouble downloading articles. Giganews and the news.easynews work fine. However, UE will sit there with either "connecting" or "0%" for articles. I have to stop the tasks and try again. Sometimes it works and some times it just gets stuck. I've monitored the trace between my PC and the news.us.easynews.com site and the trace seems to work fine even when UE gets stuck. Anybody using easynews or anybody have any ideas what might be happening?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!!
alex

Post by alex »

if it works on repeated retries you may reduce read timeout in edit menu->properties->tasks, also you may increase the number of retries in properties->servers.

if you are sure it is not your local or ISP issue or anyway try to contact their support with giving them reference to the article you are trying to download, especially if the behaviour is persistent with the same article bodies, maybe part of their article storage malfunctions.

easynews is the same provider as nroups, UNS and newshosting, using different server farms, but the same server software, maybe different builds.
MrEman

Post by MrEman »

Had a similar issue with UE and my news provider

Ue would stop download of headers or files at random......

Turns out it was a firewall issue

Outpost Security Suite 64bit was the problem

Too bad, I really liked it, but not worth the problems

You may want to check your security software....
dengle

Post by dengle »

i've had similar issues with usenetserver.com. i use nntp1.usenetserver.com, nntp2. and news.

For some reason one or the other nntpx servers will sometimes have a few threads hang. letting them fail on their own(and thereby moving to another server) or stopping and starting the download fixes it for me. It seems to be on my laptop only so could be a software issue.
jmbailey2000

Post by jmbailey2000 »

alex wrote:if it works on repeated retries you may reduce read timeout in edit menu->properties->tasks, also you may increase the number of retries in properties->servers.

if you are sure it is not your local or ISP issue or anyway try to contact their support with giving them reference to the article you are trying to download, especially if the behaviour is persistent with the same article bodies, maybe part of their article storage malfunctions.

easynews is the same provider as nroups, UNS and newshosting, using different server farms, but the same server software, maybe different builds.
I changed the read timeout and that seemed to clear it up. The new Easynews server farm must be a little slower or more sensitive or something.

As always.....THANKS!!!!