Feature Request: Stored List (or history) of unrar passwords

dvd.collector

Feature Request: Stored List (or history) of unrar passwords

Post by dvd.collector »

A lot of the discussions i download require a specific password to unrar them. In a lot of cases it is the same password every time.

However if I queue up these downloads and leave them overnight, the next morning I have to manually enter the same pw for every rar downloaded.

It would be much easier if UE could either remember previously used passwords and try those first when unraring OR use a stored list of passwords to try to unrar with.

I dont want this to turn into some sort of brute force cracking exercise, I was thinking 5 passwords max (in my case).
bassie

yes password list might be handy

Post by bassie »

password list might be handy.

for example i use program to download rapidshare files.
It has an option to put passwords in a window. Then it looks in that window and tries the passwords. For unraring for example

it is jdownloader, not really for usenet.
and also HTAccess passwords, not sure what that is.
alex

Post by alex »

at least winrar behaviour i noticed, if you enter a wrong password - sometimes it will keep unraring and gives the error message only afterwards, not sure if it will try all volumes or only one in the worst case, maybe it unrars on per file basis and then gives the error message if the file checksum is wrong while the headers checksum were right, so if it is one big file it will take a long time.

but it is no problem to add unrar password list, several users asked for it in the past as well.