Maybe Interesting Feature?

MageMaster

Maybe Interesting Feature?

Post by MageMaster »

I only recently started using the par checking function in UE and find it a time saver. I have a few observations and a feature request.

Observation: Not all .00x files are split files some are actual rar files.
(I have all join/unrar funtions disabled as I like to keep archives)

Par files don't always get deleted even thought the collection is complete, I think this relates to not having the first par file, but not positive.

Sometimes files dont get repaired, but quickpar works.
(I did find some info on the forum and plan on making the suggested changes)

Feature Request

I always use the auto download feature instead of naming folders etc.

I thought it would be nice to have a button bar on the unpack screen to use to rename a folder once par repair shows complete. And then a button to move folder to a pre-specified folder (always the same for me), or another button for move to where you can choose a folder instead of default move location.
And even a button to possibly open folder.

MageMaster
alex

Re: Maybe Interesting Feature?

Post by alex »

as to .00x files UE can detect those cases when those are rar files, when "join" will be invoked - unrar will be launched instead.

par2 files should be deleted if you instructed UE to do so unless they are opened in the same time by another process or they are not recognized as valid par2 files, if you have something reproducible though i could check it out.

when quickpar works - also UE should work, since it is pure mathematics, do you mean you see "verify error" or "non-recoverable", in the case of verify error it might be e.g. running quickpar in parallel with UE changed data files to something different so repair cannot succeed.

in the unpack pane context menu there are open folder and recent folder menu entries, if the item is gone from the unpack pane you can still easily find the folder through recent folder submenu.

if you saw something working differently - try to give me an example, with general remarks not much can be done.
MageMaster

Post by MageMaster »

I will have to wait till that situation happens again. :)