Recycle Bin and Restoring Bodies

joesloppy

Recycle Bin and Restoring Bodies

Post by joesloppy »

I restored a "Bodies" folder and all old bodies it found are in the recycle bin (ue recycle bin). Some are missing parts, in which I re-downloaded to the import group... but now the bodies are shown in the recycle bin and import group complete, are there two copies? And How can I remove the recycle bin "copy" without deleting the one in the import group?
alex

Post by alex »

Normally nothing should go there, but if e.g. you delete files which indicate where the article bodies should belong (in the bodies directory I think it is bodies.cnt) and in addition you delete the Import group entry (according to the map.txt file) in the Newsgroups directory - UE don't have an idea where the bodies belong so it will put them into the Recycle Bin group.

I also was thinking about adding an option to move article bodies or headers between different folders, but then didn't continue into that direction.

As to your question - after you got those headers back into the import group - invoke "Delete" on the Recycle Bin group like you are trying to delete it, the entry itself won't be deleted (the same applies to "Import", but it should clear whatever is there, but article bodies in other groups won't be affected, the same holds if you delete any other group.

Headers without bodies are removed from Recycle Bin automatically.