please get rid of .nzb .sfv and .srr

spicer

please get rid of .nzb .sfv and .srr

Post by spicer »

Can you please make the retaining of files with those extensions optional?
after automatically unpacking a folder I am left with files with those extension. They serve no purpose to me and I manually delete them every time.
I don't think I should have to do that if there would be an option in your fantastic program.
alex

Post by alex »

the problem is not which file extensions to delete and which are not, e.g. boolean wildmat could delete any file extension the user wants.

the question is how to implement the option so it will always work.

if the given file belongs to a par2 file we could delete after repair or when the par2 file is complete.

but if the file doesn't belong to a par2 set, if par2 files will be saved later there is a question when to delete it - to exclude the possibility it will be deleted and afterwards par2 files will arrive.

if to apply the option only when there is par2 set there will be impression the option doesn't work always.
NoNo

Post by NoNo »

That sounds interesting.
To do a delete after repair/complete if the unwanted files belongs to a par2 set sounds mandatory.
How about for the other case doing a kind of filter that prevents the unwanted files to be queued/downloaded even in the "import group"?
I do use a kill filter in that way that works but not for import.
alex

Post by alex »

if the file doesn't belong to par2 set - kill filter will work.

but if it does - UE will restore it through the repair process (so it will be mandatory repair then).

i think by default "download zero par2 file first" is checked, so if to add such an option and delete files when they don't belong to a known par2 set it will work if there is zero par2 file and it didn't fail to download.