[req] Download packages

jaapf

Post by jaapf »

We will all love you for implementing it :D
alex

Post by alex »

Following my previous post I'm working on this, I'll post results in this thread, activate 'watch this topic for replies' to be notified as soon as it will happen.
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

Thanks Alex. If you need any help testing let us know.
Maximum

Post by Maximum »

That would be one hell of a new years present Alex :)

Such an option makes live easier and faster (Servers are getting down through XPATH's these days :| ), good luck with making it :)
Dobos

Post by Dobos »

Just another go team go note! I've used newspro for 3 years now but just in the last month I've been using newsleacher because of these msgid files which are a huge huge convenience (I use newzbin). I'd love to get back to newspro.

I think it's terrific that you always stay on top of the new technology, I've gotten more of my money's worth out of this program than any other software.
alex

Post by alex »

i've finished all but the front end (now it consumes 'xover' input), so i'll just add specific formats and publish it here.
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

Great. Let us know the progress.
alex

Post by alex »

<snip snip snip> :)

i removed the link to the download.

it appears there is processor time consumption problem with large imported files (i didn't check with them), i'm looking into that.
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

Here's another note:
After a while not using Newspro (but left it running) the #~Import group became empty (no headers) and the text [empty] in the newsgroup-pane. I have no idea what caused this. A "normal" group with headers (not an XPat-group) is fine.
alex

Post by alex »

processor time consumption in principle resolved.

how are they disappear?

here the problem normally headers without servers are deleted, there is an exception for this newsgroup but probably i missed something somehwere, but it is rather a small thing, easy to fix.
alex

Post by alex »

i see they disappear when you delete a body in the group (directly or not).
alex

Post by alex »

ok, here is another link:

http://www.netwu.com/newspro/NewsProImport3712.zip

processor time issue fixed

i also found a place that removed headers with no servers (which are usual here), but it is a small issue.

so just try it and let me know whether there any problems.

you need to save the file with the .nzb extension, later i'll check how associate it directly, it is not a big deal.

you can run it freely, i mean technically (code reliability) all appears to be ok.

now with binnews these are rather organizational problems (they have everything so newspro will work with them), i'll try to resolve it.
uc2k2

More testing....

Post by uc2k2 »

The latest update works great for larger nzb-files, matter of seconds :D This really is a great feature.

I will do some more testing and see if the searchgroup doesn't get emptied for no reason.

I will report my test-activity here once I've done some more testing.
Overseer

Post by Overseer »

I can't figure out how to get this to work.

I save the file with the .nzb extension. I fire up NewsPro, go to Import>Import File Associations>nzb and nothing happens. Should a dialog box come up asking for the file location?

I've tried Import&Download&Save menu option, it creates a #-Import newsgroup, opens a dialog box for file to import, and then a dialog box for save location and then nothing happens.

I, apparently, am missing something somewhere. How do I get this function to work?

I am running registered NewsPro 3.712 (though the about menu shows 3.71) and all servers are configured correctly.

Thanks,
Overseer
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

Just do the following (after you've saved a .nbz-file to disk):

Go to import and choose "Import headers".
In the dialog-box find the saved nbz-file and open it;
Seconds later a new "newsgroup" will be available: #~Import which contains all the imported headers.

Obviously "Import&download" and "Import&Download&Save" work the same but they will auto-start downloading bodies and saving them.