[req] Download packages

Overseer

Post by Overseer »

The progression bars for the segments that are downloaded don't show the progress anymore. Also the "Time Left" display doesn't make any sense anymore.
Hmmm.... the progression bars seem to be working fine for me and the Time Left seems ok.
uc2k2

Post by uc2k2 »

jaapf wrote:one question though:
Since you implemted this, in version's 7.13 en 7.14 (which i've tested) the Taskmanager isn't working the way it should.

The progression bars for the segments that are downloaded don't show the progress anymore. Also the "Time Left" display doesn't make any sense anymore. I expect it's because you (temporarely) use fraction's of the code in a way it wasn't designed for (so it's because of the beta-testing), but I still thought I mention it to you :wink:
I'm using the same version and don't have the problem described.
blackdog56

Post by blackdog56 »

Working fine here also.

Thank you Alex for this feature.
daftz

Post by daftz »

Did anyone notice that server priorities don't work anymore ? When I dl something from the import group, all servers are used, instead of the one with the highest priority.

Right now I'm using a workaround for this. First I detach all servers except my ISP's. When I need fills, I add my other (pay) servers, and download the missing parts.
starbbs

Post by starbbs »

Great news, working perfectly !!

Just one thing,

In the short time i used newsleecher for this purpose, i associated newsleecher with the binnews format. So when i d/l this list, newsleecher opens when the list was d/l. I see that nothing happens when i attach newspro to the files. I have to save the list and then import it in newspro. Is there a way that NP sstarts up and start d/l right away ? without the need to import the files ?
starbbs

Post by starbbs »

Was too early with the reply... it works, and the files do get imported... one thing i like, to get them d/l right away !
Bodach

Post by Bodach »

jaapf wrote:one question though:
Since you implemted this, in version's 7.13 en 7.14 (which i've tested) the Taskmanager isn't working the way it should.

The progression bars for the segments that are downloaded don't show the progress anymore. Also the "Time Left" display doesn't make any sense anymore. I expect it's because you (temporarely) use fraction's of the code in a way it wasn't designed for (so it's because of the beta-testing), but I still thought I mention it to you :wink:
Same thing happening here.

Post by Guest »

Hi Alex, Would it be possible to add an option to the context menu to copy a group of highlighted headers to the #~Import group? I would like to store a copy of all the articles that I plan to download in the future to this group for safe keeping. Then, a couple days later when I am ready to download the articles I can go the import group, sort it by date or subject as needed, and queue the articles for download that I want to retrieve that day.
jaapf

Post by jaapf »

daftz wrote:Did anyone notice that server priorities don't work anymore ? When I dl something from the import group, all servers are used, instead of the one with the highest priority.

Right now I'm using a workaround for this. First I detach all servers except my ISP's. When I need fills, I add my other (pay) servers, and download the missing parts.
Priority's seems to work fine over here.
Fist the ISP-server and reasonably fast "free"-server
After that Payserver (isn't doing anything for a while now....)
daftz

Post by daftz »

jaapf wrote:
daftz wrote:Did anyone notice that server priorities don't work anymore ? When I dl something from the import group, all servers are used, instead of the one with the highest priority.

Priority's seems to work fine over here.
Fist the ISP-server and reasonably fast "free"-server
After that Payserver (isn't doing anything for a while now....)
:oops: stupid, stupid... I looked at my server properties and all the prio's were somehow set back to 1... fixed it !
starbbs

Post by starbbs »

I do not know if everybody know this, but newspro also supports the format at http://alt.binaries.nl

This is a free search machine. Just enter the thing you are looking for and klick on the found name. It opens a new page with lots of information including all the msg-id's

Just select everything on this page, copy it to clipboard and import it in newspro !!

It works great !. Now you can look for a file and if found import it in np.
jaapf

Post by jaapf »

starbbs wrote:I do not know if everybody know this, but newspro also supports the format at http://alt.binaries.nl

This is a free search machine. Just enter the thing you are looking for and klick on the found name. It opens a new page with lots of information including all the msg-id's

Just select everything on this page, copy it to clipboard and import it in newspro !!

It works great !. Now you can look for a file and if found import it in np.
You also might read the rest of the postings in this thread.
You might find that it's: www.binaries.nl is the same as http://alt.binaires.nl, and it's one of the implemented three sites......
amfibia

Post by amfibia »

I have the following problem.

I can't import from my clipboard. The complete page is copied to the clipboard (tested it by pasting is into a word document) but when i try to import it into newspro nothing happens at all??? This is for all three import possibilities the case.

Anyone got a clue?
alex

Post by alex »

http://www.netwu.com/newspro/NewsProImport3715.zip
(3714 contains now the same file, the rest I removed)

works the same but options are arranged better in the sense I mentioned above.

before release i want to add some more checks and refine import code to improve future compatibility and reduce vulnerability to maliciously formed data but practically it is not so essential

Profiles:

when you import file through opening from browser or doubleclicking it will look for running profiles in the following order: Import, default, any running profile.

Clipboard:

It works only for www.binaries.nl. You need to copy the area that contains all data or all the page.

I made it more transparent, when there is something in clipboard that may make sense (checks are rudimentary but adequate). If you don't have it in clipboard the entry will be disabled. After it has been used - the clipboard will be emptied.
amfibia

Post by amfibia »

works like a charm,

Thanks a lot