rar repair and the pars not downloading

joesloppy

rar repair and the pars not downloading

Post by joesloppy »

I downloaded a set that had a couple errors, "article not found", but ue4.2 wouldn't download the pars to repair, i did right click the whole set (pars, rars, etc.), I couldn't even get them manually by trying to download just the par set (Pxx). I ended up expanding the par set and clicking a couple pars to download. I think the issue is that I have retries in the server settings on 0 and retry failed set to 60min... my thought is that the failed articles somehow stopped the auto-download of pars and repair to take place, Thoughts on this? Maybe I am missing a setting. I do want the auto repairing, unraring, deleting going on. I do have all the auto settings checked, this is the first time this happened, I just downloaded 4.2 also. Thank you.
joesloppy

Re: rar repair and the pars not downloading

Post by joesloppy »

I think i found the issue, its the setting under the drop down menu, "Par2", if I uncheck "mark par2 recovery files for download last" it will select and download when downloading the set, if I leave checked, it does not select and download the par set. I tried a couple times and was able to repeat it. I downloaded something from 400 days ago and a single header had an error, but not repair was made. But now it downloads the pars first, but only a couple pars because of the limit option under the same menu. That stuff is all greyed out, I wonder why. A couple other things under this menu are.
alex

Re: rar repair and the pars not downloading

Post by alex »

Thanks for the clear description of the problem, it should be now fixed in v4.3.

Someone else reported the same problem, but it wasn't clear from his description that it happens always for him, so I didn't guess it might be something related to non-default settings.

As to options to download limited amount of par2 files in par2 menu - they are greyed out because unpack handles amount of par2 files automatically, the options are enabled only when unpack is disabled completely (i.e. "Auto add" in unpack properties unchecked).