Suggestion: UI

Kluch

Suggestion: UI

Post by Kluch »

While I know this wouln't be a super high priority thing, I would like to see NewsPro with a more Updated and cleaner looking UI. I know it doesn't seem like much but I think it would add a lot. I think in general the interface has a bit of an old clunky feeling to it and in some windows it's just overwhealming. Just my oppinion though.

Thanks!
alex

Post by alex »

this is the standard multidoc interface, at least global filters and virtual groups make it necessary also multiwindow interface can be easily reduced to one-window, but not the opposite.

a few old options in properties->general can be removed with the default setting left.

the newsgroup and workspace menus can be structurized better to have less options in the immediate view - the illusion of simplicity, also with improved task manager it is possible to reduce the number of article priorities, but otherwise every option seems to be useful and some options could be even refined.

as to colorful title bars and similar, the effects are created with external libraries which don't have much to do with the newsreading code, it wouldn't be a problem to compile with such a library, in the meantime i have work on improving the engine first.