Single passworded RAR files with password

jd

Single passworded RAR files with password

Post by jd »

Hi,
for multi rar files the PW detection works fine. But for single files what happens is:
1. You start downloading.
2. Detection of password.
3. Downloading stops.
4. Multi RAR files show up in the unpack tab, so normally set the password and it's finishing downloading.

For singles, you need to disable PW check, let it download, then set the password.
I hope that was clear enough?
alex

Re: Single passworded RAR files with password

Post by alex »

Do you mean those also rar files without .par2 files?

Do you have par2 menu->mark par2 file for download first and maybe mark par2 zero file with the highest priority checked?

You should be able to set rar password for associated par2 file in the unpack pane.

If it is something different can you pm and direct me to such post?
jd

Post by jd »

Hi,
yes it's RAR files with no PAR2.
alex

Post by alex »

You can just uncheck edit menu->properties->articles, detect passworded rar files.

Or you mean you want to keep the detect option checked, but have an option to add a password to an article task?

How it is implemented now a rar password can only be associated with an unpack task (rar file, rar set, split set or par2 set), then UE just overrides the option for corresponding article tasks, it is the same for one rar and multipart rars.
jd

Post by jd »

The best would be to have the detect option checked. Because for Multi-RAR's UE will start downloading, the stop after detecting it's passworded, and re-start once a password is set.

Now the single file never shows up in the unpack pane. I think add a password to an article task is the way around this problem.