Viewing Pictures inside NewsPro

voripteth

Viewing Pictures inside NewsPro

Post by voripteth »

:o As a realtively new user of NewsPro I'm still discovering marvelous features. It wasn't last night that I discovered that I can actually view pictures by double clicking on articles with picture attachments! 8)

The thing that I'm curious about is sometimes I get the picture displayed and sometimes I get a blank file with just the icon for the picture file. If there is no text in the message other than the attachment shouldn't NewsPro just display the attachment?

(I'm so impressed with NewsPro that I just registered a copy for a friend of mine as a gift! :D )
alex

Post by alex »

NewsPro uses a library that can handle jpeg images.
If this is another type of attachment or the library cannot decode the image - it is shown as an icon but if you doubleclick the attachment icon the default application associated with the attachment extension will be launched.
voripteth

Post by voripteth »

The pictures in question are JPG files that my viewer can display just fine so I'm not sure what the problem would be. Is there anything in particular I should look for in determining if NewsPro should be displaying a particular JPG?

If a message has text as well as picture attachments, are both displayed?
Tha*Lunat!k

Post by Tha*Lunat!k »

Both pictures and text will be displayed if a message has both. There must be something with certain JPG images that makes them not display while others do show up. I've also seen this behavior but now that NewsPro can properly launch WindowsXP's image viewer it doesn't bother me too much.
[img]http://graphics.thalunatik.com/sig6.png[/img]
alex

Post by alex »

jpeg is an evolving format; newspro is using the library as the black box - if it tells it failed to decode newspro will show the file as an icon. at least i know the library doesn't crash, although at later stages something different could be used instead, just now the accent is on different things, not third-party packages.