Multiple Accounts on one server

deadken

Multiple Accounts on one server

Post by deadken »

Alex,

You added the ability to have multiple instances of a server in the past, which has helped greatlly, but what would work much better for me is to have multiple user accounts for a single server.

I am currently using 2 account names, and am considering upping it to 5.

5 copies of all the headers etc gets a bit out of hand.

Any chance?
alex

Post by alex »

you can use all but one account as msg-id direct without downloading headers. the windows hosts file can be used to create aliases since for now newspro doesn't accept the same server name more than once. if there is bandwidth limit you can assign the server which is used for headers the lowest priority.
deadken

Post by deadken »

Thanks.

It seems to work.

Is there any advantage to resetting the servers that are now not collecting headers to save HD space or memory footprint?
alex

Post by alex »

if they don't have headers - nothing to reset.
deadken

Post by deadken »

I already have 5 or 6 databases with multiple accounts all having headers.

I'll convert them over to msgid. Just curious if there was an advantage to reseting the server after I convert it.
alex

Post by alex »

if you are not going to download headers from the accounts - better reset the servers, otherwise they will hold the headers you got for them in the last time - newspro cannot know they've expired because you don't download headers from them any more. as long as headers exist on a server which downloads headers it is not a big waste but after expiration it will take unnecessary space.