newspro nzb file association

Erik

newspro nzb file association

Post by Erik »

Hi,
It once used to work 100%. btw nzb is connected to NP

This is what happens, when i save the nzb from newzbin and i import it everything 100% ok.

If i choose open file when newzbin offers the extracted nzb file (and NP is already open). It opens another sesion of NP and shows me a register form, but i am already registred.

Whats wrong here?

btw if i use a nzb file made by evolutionsearch (binaries.nl) everthing works and i have no problem with register screens or another session of NP.
bassie

Post by bassie »

How do you use alt.binaries.nl?

When i select the nzb file, and insert it into newspro, i only get 1 rar file.
I want to have all the rar files, but how can i do that?
alex

Post by alex »

first ensure that nzb is checked in import/export -> associations.

if you associated it through the system it may not put quotes around the path and if the path contains spaces parts of the path will be supplied to newpsro as different parameters (then the path even cannot be always restored since for example it won't be possible to make a difference between one and two consequtive spaces in the path).

binaries.nl doesn't provide several articles in one nzb, you need to use another tool to combine several entries (see below in the forum).
Erik

Post by Erik »

Alex: the good news it works now with newzbin nzb files

The bad news however, maybe its my bad englisch but i thought you said delete the "hkey_current_user->software->albir" dir.
I did just that, but now i have to completly build up everything, registring, user settings, dirs, servers, newsgroups, etc. That was not i planned tonight.
But its a nice way :lol: to see or i still can do it.
bruce73

Post by bruce73 »

The bad news however, maybe its my bad englisch but i thought you said delete the "hkey_current_user->software->albir" dir.
Erik, I don't think it's your English, because that's how I read it also. I'd be curious to know exactly which subkey Alex was referring to, as it would seem deleting the one he mentioned would indeed wipe out all of the settings.

I've learned the hard way to always export any registry key that I'm considering deleting, just in case I need to put it back.
alex

Post by alex »

i removed the part you didn't understand, what i meant first to check if nzb is checked in newspro associations, if yes just check it and this is it; if not i wanted to see what key the system creates, i didn't ask to create a new database.

just run newspro, invoke file menu->switch database and point it out to the old database location (the superdirectory of the newspro database 'data' directory).

if something doesn't work then let me know, if it works now anyway most probably back then you associated nzb with newspro outside newspro, just associate it from within newspro import/export menu->associations->nzb

on another note you can delete newspro registry keys but only when newspro is not running (i clearly mentioned it), for historic reasons newspro uses registry as temporary repository while running.

if you delete newspro registry keys when you run it afterwards it will ask for database directory - you just point it out to an old database directory and this is it, all settings will be there.
Erik

Post by Erik »

I deleted the keys after quiting NP like you said.
Later i found a another newspo.exe lost in the root (dont know how it get there, wrong unzip action?) must have to do something with it.
The nzb file from binaries.nl must have been connected to the good version "e:\newspro\". The nzb file from newzbin somehow to the lost exe on e:\newspro.

I tried to point it to for the datadirectorie to e:\newspro\data (the old location) it did not reconize it as its old data :cry: . But i see now iNP made a dir data into "e:\newspro\data" e:\newspro\data\data" I think I had to say "e:\newspro". But it is to late anyway. I rebuild it already and deleted all the old stuff.
Was not to much work anyway and in the end iI was glad it happened to me. I had so much old stuff and priority settings everywhere and now i have perfectly working balanced NP.

end good, all good