Page 1 of 1

Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by dxcarnadi
Hallo

Wenn I click the columns (Subject, Author, Age, Size & Newsgroups) .. I can sort them.
Except "Message-ID" .. why?

"Message-ID" consists of Collection, Partial and Single.
How can I sort them into f.e. first Collection then Partial and down below Single?
Thank you.

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by alex
The column is not sortable, since there is not much sense to sort by message-id, it is random, then there are only 4 kinds of headers there.

You can just create filters in the filter editor, like "Messages" + "Collections" etc.

Then you can select a filter in the toolbar to apply to the current view.

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by dxcarnadi
My intention is only to see a current view with Message-ID = Collection ... see attachment.
For me "Message-ID" is difficult to understand .. unlike f.e. "Subject".
Can one make such a View Filter with filter editor? How?
Thank you.

With filter editor I've experimented with f.e.
1. Predicate -> Messages = Collections or
2. Predicate -> Message-ID contains Collection

My trial&errors are in vain .. without success.

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by alex
You can create filter like that:
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (22.42 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
Then you will be able to select it from the view filters combo box in the toolbar.

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by dxcarnadi
With the filter editor I created the filter Collections .. see attachment 1

I gave the Search Command with Subject: elvis presley mp3 .. see attachment 2

I activated the View Filter Collections in toolbar .. see attachment 3

What have I done wrong ..? All the messages disappeared ...?!

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by dxcarnadi
Now I get it.

I downloaded the headers from the Easynews server .. see attachment 1
Then I activated the View Filter Collections .. see attachment 2
See the difference!

But I don't work like that anymore.

Nowadays I ask always the UE Search server and get from it many "headers" from many newsgroups (not from one newsgroup).

My eyes see the "same" view as before .......

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by alex
I'll check, maybe this is not implemented for the search service view, I will add it then.

Re: Message-ID ... sorted .. how?

by alex
It should adequately work in 5.0.3, check it out.